Affordable Dental Crowns in Michigan
Southfield Family Dental Center is a highly recommended practice for dental crowns, dental restorations and general family dentistry.
With dentists and specialists all under one roof, we can perform cleanings, X-rays, exams, crowns, implants and oral surgery. If you think you need a dental crown, call Southfield Family Dental Center. We can restore your damaged tooth with a dental crown in just two visits.
Dental Crowns Look Just Like a Tooth
A dental crown is a cap used to cover the tooth and restore its shape and size, strength, and/or improve its appearance. When cemented into place, a crown fully encases the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. A tooth crown is typically recommended when a dental issue cannot be restored with a filling or veneer. They are a long-lasting, cost-efficient solution.
A crown can be placed to...
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- Restore an already broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left.
- Hold a dental bridge in place.
- Cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Cover a dental implant.
Placing a Crown Takes Two Office Visits
The first visit is to prepare, examine the tooth and have a temporary crown applied. This involves trimming down the affected tooth into an abutment, taking a mold of your teeth and selecting the best color for your permanent crown. The mold and color selection will be sent to a lab that will create the crown.
The second visit is to receive the permanent crown. The temporary crown will be removed and the new crown cemented into place.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns are very strong. They can withstand normal pressure from biting and chewing.
- Dental crowns are cost efficient.
- Dental crowns improve your appearance. They look and feel like regular teeth, allowing you to eat and smile with confidence.
To see if dental crowns are the best option for you, call Southfield Family Dental at (248) 234-9987 TODAY.