Affordable Dental Crowns in Michigan
Southfield Family Dental Center is a highly recommended practice for dental crowns, dental restorations and general family dentistry.
With dentists and specialists all under one roof, we are able to perform dental procedures from cleanings, xrays and exams to crowns, implants and oral surgery. If you are experiencing a dental issue that requires a dental crown, call Southfield Family Dental Center. We can restore your damaged tooth with a dental crown in just two visits.
Dental Crowns Look Just Like a Tooth
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth - covering the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and/or to improve its appearance. When cemented into place, a crown fully encases the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. A tooth crown is typically recommended when a dental issue cannot be restored with a filling or veneer. They are a long-lasting, cost-efficient solution.
A crown can be placed for a number of reasons:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- Restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left.
- Hold a dental bridge in place.
- Cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Cover a dental implant.
Placing a Crown Takes Two Office Visits
The first visit is to prepare, examine the tooth and have a temporary crown applied. This involves trimming down the affected tooth into an “abutment,” taking a mold of your teeth and selecting the best color for your permanent crown. The mold and color selection will be sent to a lab to be created.
The second visit is to receive the permanent crown. The temporary crown will be removed and the new crown will be cemented into place.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns are very strong. They can withstand normal pressure from biting and chewing.
- Dental crowns are cost efficient when compared to other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Dental crowns improve your appearance. They look and feel like your regular teeth, allowing you to chew food and smile with confidence.
To see if dental crowns are the best option to correct your dental issue, call Southfield Family Dental at (248) 234-9987 and schedule a FREE consultation.