Dental health goes far beyond fresh breath and cavity prevention. Untreated conditions, such as gum disease, can lead to serious health issues. The best approach to optimal oral health is one that involves preventive maintenance, regular exams by your dentist, and a proper oral hygiene routine. To discuss the best ways to care for your teeth and gums, call the leading specialists in cosmetic and general dentistry at Southfield Family Dental Center: (248) 327-0313.
- This overview of gum disease from the American Dental Association explores the causes, symptoms and treatments of the condition.
- The National Institutes of Health discusses oral hygiene, ways to maintain dental health, and questions to ask your dentist.
- This article from the Chicago Tribune puts to rest many common misconceptions associated with dental health.
- The Mayo Clinic explores the link between oral health and overall health.
- This article from The Huffington Post looks at 10 common oral health issues—including gum disease and cavities—and offers ways to prevent them.