Cleaning & Exam
Top ten reasons to have a dental cleaning:
- Prevent oral cancer
- Prevent gum disease
- Help maintain good physical health
- Keep your teeth
- Detect dental problems early
- Maintain good oral health
- Use your dental insurance plan
- Create a treatment plan
- Have a bright and white smile
- Prevent bad breath
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush will not do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between meal snacks.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
Looking for a new dentist for yourself or your family?
How about that special dentist for your young child's first dental experience?
Southfield Family Dental Center is your professional and family friendly dental office. We care about your family and providing all your dental needs under one roof.
Good oral hygiene is important, not only for looks, but for general health as well. Poor oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems such as gum disease, infection, bone loss, heart disease, strokes and more. Regular check ups and cleanings can prevent these problems as well as provide you with good oral hygiene.